The Senatobia Municipal School District is consistently recognized as one of Mississippi’s outstanding educational organizations with all schools historically accredited through the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools and a tradition of educational excellence that reliably stands the test of time. Located approximately 30 miles south of Memphis, TN, Senatobia is the county seat of Tate County, Mississippi and is home to Northwest Community College, a postsecondary institution that works in conjunction with the Senatobia Municipal School District to offer dual enrollment as well as a GED program.
The Senatobia Municipal School District offers a comprehensive educational program on 3 campuses, where students in grades K – 2 attend Senatobia Elementary School, students in grades 3 – 6 attend Senatobia Middle School, and students in grades 7 – 12 attend Senatobia Jr./Sr. High School. There is something for everyone in the Senatobia Municipal School District, with a variety of activities and opportunities for students to actively participate in the educational culture and to find their niche, including several sports, band, drama, chess, art, chorus, and many other clubs and organizations. From students with disabilities to students who have been identified as artistically or intellectually gifted, the Senatobia Municipal School District offers a spectrum of educational services to meet the needs of every student.
The mission of the Senatobia Municipal School District is to provide learning opportunities that enhance the likelihood of success in an ever-changing world, and our stakeholders, including our School Board, administration, staff, parents, students, and community members, hold high expectations and incessantly work together in order to fulfill that mission. Come see what the Senatobia Municipal School District has to offer!
The mission of the Senatobia Municipal School District is to provide learning opportunities that enhance the likelihood of success in an ever-changing world.
All schools in the Senatobia Municipal School District will achieve High Performing Status in the state accreditation model and will meet Adequate Yearly Progress (AYP) as outlined in the federal legislation No Child Left Behind.
- Goal 1: The school district will educate students in a safe and orderly climate based on respect for authority and individual differences.
- Goal 2: The school district and all stakeholders will hold high expectations for all individuals involved in all aspects of the teaching learning community.
- Goal 3: The school district will maintain instructional focus by utilizing research-based planning and delivery, as well as technology to maximize student learning.
- Goal 4: The school district will utilize data in the decision making process in all matters affecting teaching and learning.
- Goal 5: The school district will insure that outstanding leadership is evident not only at the administrative level but also at the classroom level and throughout the student body.